PILOT CASE 02
FLORETTE IBERICA, FRESH CUT VEGETABLES (SPAIN)
FLORETTE IBERICA (FLORETTE) is part of an international group so-called Florette group and has more than 1.800 employees, produces more than 60 varieties of Salads and salads’ sprouts and produces more than 750.000 Salad products per day. The company has own Farms located in 23 locations (Portugal and Spain) and 7 processing plants in Spain. Florette main products are:
- Salads: monoproducts, mixs, and bowls (Caesar, Iberic, light, new Yorker, warm…)
- Fresh vegatables to be cooked in the microwave: chard, spinach, julian soup)
- Toppings: crispy fried onions, mix dry fruit, garlic-hebs and nature croutons
- Sauces: caesar, Módena and honey, gourmet vinaigrette and yoghourt
- Fruits: apple
- Thus, for restaurants, Florette offers snacks, ingredients (cut onion, laminated tomato and pepper, grated carrots) vegetables and tubs.
Florette Horticola Navarra, also part of Florette’s group, is the company that grows up the lettuces in greenhouses. It owns three farms in Navarra with more than 54 Ha, able to produce lettuces all over the year.
When the product is recollected, it is sent to the processing plants. Vegetales de Navarra SL, is the one for bags products and Ensaladas de Navarra SL, is the company to process in bowls. These companies own the following equipment: A 500 m2 fridge camera, vacuum cooling for quickly refrigeration, loading dock and fork-lift. Then the products are packed in bags or bowls and commercialized to restaurants or supermarkets to be directed consumed.
VALUE CHAIN REPRESENTED
- STEP 1: INPUTS (Seeds: Rijk Zwaan, Enza Zaden…)
- STEP 2: PRIMARY PRODUCTION (Florette Horticola Navarra with the following farms: Milca’s greenhouse (Cadreita, Navarra) with a capacity of 12Ha, Inbegol greenhouse (Peralta, Navarra) with a capacity of 12 Ha and Balsa greenhouse (Cadreita, Navarra) with a capacity of 12 Ha.)
- STEP 3: PROCESSING (Vegetales de Navarra (also part of Florette’s Group) in Milagro (Navarra).
- STEP 4: DISTRIBUTION (Transportes Hervián)
- STEP 5: RETAIL (Great distribution (Eroski, Carrefour, Leclerc…))